Feedback

If you have any comments, suggestions or feature requests please add them here. Problems and errata can be reported on Bug Reports page.

169 Responses to “Feedback”

1. Admin says:

Would it satisfy you needs if the site used a self-signed certificate? Unfortunately it costs money to obtain one from a trusted certificate authority.

2. Peter says:

I have used https://letsencrypt.org which is free, very easy to install with Apache and gives a properly signed cert.

3. Jens says:

Great Service. Can you add a constructorlist in the driver details, so it is possible to show all teams for a driver?

4. Jens says:

Thanks Daniel, maybe i have overseen it in the documentation, But isn’t it easier to use if you not have to do a second API call?

5. Jorge says:

Will the site be updated to reflect the post race penalties for the USA and Mexican GP?

USA: Kevin Magnussen was given a post race 5s penalty and dropped to 12th

Mexico: Sebastian Vettel was given a post race 10s penalty and dropped to 5th

6. Admin says:

Hi Jorge,
    Thanks for the heads-up. All now done.
    Chris

7. Caspar says:

Is there any way to distinguish between a DNS and a DNF? e.g. Grosjean was a DNS in the last race, and Hulkenberg was a first-lap DNF back in Singapore, but their positionText are both “R” and I can’t see anything different to distinguish them.

Thanks in advance!

8. Admin says:

Hi Caspar,
    The positionText for Grosjean should have been “W” in the last race. I’ve made the correction.
    Chris

9. Stergios says:

Hi there,

I’m building something really cool on top of ergast! I’ll share it as soon as it is ready. 🙂

One question. Is there any way to get the fastest lap of a race without downloading all the laptimes of all drivers? I’m using the API, not the DB.

Thanks!

10. Admin says:

Hi Stergios,

Yes, the fastest lap for each driver is included in the race results. Loop thru the results and select the one where rank=1

11. David says:

Hi guys!

Could be possible to add track length to circuit information?

Best regards,
    David

12. Admin says:

Hi David,
    I did consider this but then realised that the length of many circuits has changed over the years. Unfortunately, the data model doesn’t allow circuits to have temporal versions.

13. Bart Delano says:

Hi Admin,

Are there changes expected for the 2017 season or will the data of the database image and rest calls be the same as in 2016?

Greetz,
    Bart

14. Admin says:

Hi Bart,
    I’m not planning any changes to the database or API this year which will continue into the new season.
    Chris

15. Bart Delano says:

Thanks Chris!

16. Stergios says:

Hi Chris,

I’ve just launched this blog (f1-predictor.com) where I’ll be posting on quali and race predictions. All underlying data are, of course, taken from your excellent API.

I’ll prepare more cool analyses in the future.

Thanks for your great work,
    Stergios

17. Emma says:

Hi, great API, really useful so far!

I’m writing something for a fantasy F1 game which has some (imo) weird rules.

Is there a way to tell the actual start position?
    The example I’m working with is:
    RIC’s grid for the (2017) Australian GP was P15, but he actually started the race a few laps down, from the pit lane as he broke down on the formation lap. So then everyone from P16 up effectively started the race one place higher than their grid.

Is there any way to tell that from the API?

Thanks in advance,
    Emma

18. Admin says:

Hi Emma,
    Thanks for the positive comments.

Ricciardo’s grid position was recorded incorrectly and has now been updated – the API uses ‘0’ to indicate that a driver started from the pit lane (I’ll add a note to the documentation).

Note that drivers don’t move up the grid when this happens – they leave the slot unoccupied.