Feedback

If you have any comments, suggestions or feature requests please add them here. Problems and errata can be reported on Bug Reports page.

181 Responses to “Feedback”

1. Admin says:

Would it satisfy you needs if the site used a self-signed certificate? Unfortunately it costs money to obtain one from a trusted certificate authority.

2. Peter says:

I have used https://letsencrypt.org which is free, very easy to install with Apache and gives a properly signed cert.

3. Jens says:

Great Service. Can you add a constructorlist in the driver details, so it is possible to show all teams for a driver?

4. Jens says:

Thanks Daniel, maybe i have overseen it in the documentation, But isn’t it easier to use if you not have to do a second API call?

5. Jorge says:

Will the site be updated to reflect the post race penalties for the USA and Mexican GP?

USA: Kevin Magnussen was given a post race 5s penalty and dropped to 12th

Mexico: Sebastian Vettel was given a post race 10s penalty and dropped to 5th

6. Admin says:

Hi Jorge,
    Thanks for the heads-up. All now done.
    Chris

7. Caspar says:

Is there any way to distinguish between a DNS and a DNF? e.g. Grosjean was a DNS in the last race, and Hulkenberg was a first-lap DNF back in Singapore, but their positionText are both “R” and I can’t see anything different to distinguish them.

Thanks in advance!

8. Admin says:

Hi Caspar,
    The positionText for Grosjean should have been “W” in the last race. I’ve made the correction.
    Chris

9. Stergios says:

Hi there,

I’m building something really cool on top of ergast! I’ll share it as soon as it is ready. 🙂

One question. Is there any way to get the fastest lap of a race without downloading all the laptimes of all drivers? I’m using the API, not the DB.

Thanks!

10. Admin says:

Hi Stergios,

Yes, the fastest lap for each driver is included in the race results. Loop thru the results and select the one where rank=1

11. David says:

Hi guys!

Could be possible to add track length to circuit information?

Best regards,
    David

12. Admin says:

Hi David,
    I did consider this but then realised that the length of many circuits has changed over the years. Unfortunately, the data model doesn’t allow circuits to have temporal versions.

13. Bart Delano says:

Hi Admin,

Are there changes expected for the 2017 season or will the data of the database image and rest calls be the same as in 2016?

Greetz,
    Bart

14. Admin says:

Hi Bart,
    I’m not planning any changes to the database or API this year which will continue into the new season.
    Chris

15. Bart Delano says:

Thanks Chris!

16. Stergios says:

Hi Chris,

I’ve just launched this blog (f1-predictor.com) where I’ll be posting on quali and race predictions. All underlying data are, of course, taken from your excellent API.

I’ll prepare more cool analyses in the future.

Thanks for your great work,
    Stergios

17. Emma says:

Hi, great API, really useful so far!

I’m writing something for a fantasy F1 game which has some (imo) weird rules.

Is there a way to tell the actual start position?
    The example I’m working with is:
    RIC’s grid for the (2017) Australian GP was P15, but he actually started the race a few laps down, from the pit lane as he broke down on the formation lap. So then everyone from P16 up effectively started the race one place higher than their grid.

Is there any way to tell that from the API?

Thanks in advance,
    Emma

18. Admin says:

Hi Emma,
    Thanks for the positive comments.

Ricciardo’s grid position was recorded incorrectly and has now been updated – the API uses ‘0’ to indicate that a driver started from the pit lane (I’ll add a note to the documentation).

Note that drivers don’t move up the grid when this happens – they leave the slot unoccupied.

19. Søren says:

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a position filter for qualifying results like race results? Like this:

/qualifying/1

It’s not that big of a deal that the option is missing, but I’m guessing it would be pretty simple to implement and it would also make it more consistent with the race results API.

Best regards,
    Søren

20. Admin says:

Hi Søren,

Good point. I’ve now allowed it in qualifying queries e.g.

However, for the time being you can’t specify a qualifying position in other types of queries – this would need a lot more work.

21. Chris says:

Thanks for this great resource. Curious if there is any information out there about tyre data for each lap?

22. Admin says:

Hi Chris,
    Unfortunately not – I’ve been unable to find a reliable and continuing source of tyre data, which would be a really useful addition. If you find a source please let me know!

23. Chris says:

Hi Chris,

Are you able to get qualifying data from before 1994? I’m trying to analyse this in particular and it would be great if you had it available!

Thanks,
    Chris

24. Admin says:

Hi Chris,
    Unfortunately, I don’t have this is in the database but you can find it on other sites e.g. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/1993/races/590/south-africa/qualifying-1.html

25. Beginner says:

Hi,

I am not a programmer, but am attempting to demonstrate some analytics software with an interesting set of data (non-commercial use). I would like to get the full set of F1 data in some kind of raw format e.g text file, CSV, excel – all of which can easily be imported into my analysis software.

Can you tell me if there is a way I can get that please?

thanks!

26. Admin says:

Hi Beginner,
    It is possible to create a CSV file from the database but obviously it produces a flat table with many repeated fields. What columns would you want in such a table?
    Chris

27. Beginner says:

Hi Chris,

The software I’m going to demo is pretty good at importing data from flat file sources such as excel and can create joins between different tables (it sees each sheet in the excel as a table). I’m also pretty comfortable with manipulating the data in excel if needed.

I don’t actually know what columns I need specifically, because I am still learning the software and I want to play with data to see what interesting graphs I can produce (and therefore which fields I need). The point of the demo is to demonstrate how easy it is to produce multi-dimensional analysis of complex data.

Can you export table by table and put it in separate files, and then I can place in excel sheets?

thanks!

28. Admin says:

Hi Beginner,

OK, try this: csv_dump.zip

There’s a file for each table plus a text file describing the schema. Text encoding is UTF-8. Let me know if you have any problems.

Chris

29. Beginner says:

Hi Chris,

This is brilliant! Thanks for your help. I will play with the data and if I come up with anything useful I’ll send it back to you!

Do you have a join map of how these tables link? I can work out the obvious ones like anything with ID in it, but it would be useful to see how your database is constructed?

thanks again

30. Admin says:

Hi Beginner,
    All fields ending “Id” and the “year” field are unique values which link entries in different tables.
    Chris