A number of people have created and shared tools to assist developers working with the Ergast API.
- Samuel Roach has developed Python Package called ergast-py which aims to provide a truly pythonic way to access the API. All the source code is available on GitHub.
- Harsha Chelle has built a Postman Collection for the API complete with all the documentation. Postman is a popular API client and Collections are executable API descriptions. The collection allows users to download all the endpoints with a click of a button.
- Adam Paxton has defined some of the Ergast API endpoints using OpenAPI 3.0. OpenAPI is a standard, programming language-agnostic interface description for HTTP APIs, which allows humans and computers to discover and understand the capabilities of a web service.
- Weiran Yu has developed pyErgast, a Python pandas wrapper for the Ergast API. You can contribute to the development on GitHub.
- Szymon Mazurkiewicz has created a Python wrapper called Yukinator in honor of the Japanese Formula 1 driver, Yuki Tsunoda. The wrapper covers all the Ergast API endpoints and implements caching to minimize the load on the API server.
Let us know if you have any tools you would be willing to share with Ergast developers.