If you identify any API bugs or errors in the data please record them here.
785 responses to “Bug Reports”
I think the time for the Qatar Grand Prix is incorrect.
It should be “17:00:00Z” according to https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2023/Qatar.html
Thanks. Your API is great!
The Qatar 2023 sprint race results are incorrect. LEC got a 5 second penalty, so Albon moved up to 7th and Fernando moved up to 8th. Thanks!
There are a couple of minor errors in the Constructors standings:
Ferrari has 298 points, but API returns 300.
Aston Martin has 230 points, but API returns 229.
Williams has 23 points, but API returns 22
Hello! For the US GP session times, the current sprint shootout start time from the API is 30 minutes later than the official time. The API is returning 18:00:00Z but according to the official F1 calendar, the start time is 17:30:00Z.
I know the API still returns sprint shootout sessions as “SecondPractice” so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with the 30 minute difference but all other sessions times for this race are correct.
Hi fellow F1 fans and developers.
I have an issue that has been going on with this api for about 6 months. Every time I do a request from Vue, I get an CORS error. Pretty strange for an open api right? How can we fix this issue?
Hey Chris, would you be interested in some help developing this?
I already have a copy of this database modelled in Django if that is a technology of interest.
Feel free to contact on email listed
Thanks for the data, I appreciate it, it saved me a ton of time. I found some conflicting results however. For example there are 3 records for race 800 and driver 612. I found 84 more cases like this with double records holding different data. Please let me know if you want me to send you the list with doubles.
I think the current constructor standings is incorrect
Ferrari has 322 points, but API returns 324.
Leclerc is missing from the lap-by-lap database within the most recent United States Grand Prix, round 18 of season 2023.
When pulling data for Liam Lawson using the driverID “lawson” his permanentNumber is coming up as 15 and according to the Formula 1 site it looks like it should be 40. It also shows up as 40 for any of the races he has taken part in e.g. Japan “http://ergast.com/api/f1/current/16/results.json”
If you look at the lapTimes from the Mexico City you will see not all drivers are represented.
SELECT distinct driverId from lapTimes WHERE `raceId` = 1117;
Only returns 11 drivers
Thanks for the great work with the API. Do you plan on continuing after 2024. It says the API will be deprecated. We will really miss this API. Would you recommend any alternatives ?
Hey there, new here so I apologize if I’m incorrect or misunderstanding but I think thr dates for the Las Vegas GP are wrong. If they are in Z (UTC) like the times, then they should all be shifted forward 1 day. For example, the race is 11/19 not 11/18 (it’s 11/18 local Vegas time), quali is 11/18, not 11/17.
Las Vegas Race Time is incorrect. Should be 2023-11-19, showing as 2023-11-18
I think the time for the Las Vegas Grand Prix is incorrect.
The date should be “2023-11-19”, not “2023-11-18”.
It is on 2023-11-18 track time, but in UTC, it is 2023-11-19.
Chris, is it possible you can open source the api and database and/or allow someone else to take it over? It’s a great resource and you’ve done an amazing job with it, should be a shame to lose it.
I detected the following errors in the database:
– The new circuits Losail, Miami and Las Vegas are missing the altitude (“alt”) in table “circuits” (they should be 12, 0 and 642 meters respectively).
– The “url” for driver Óscar González (driver id 806) has a typo. It should be: “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93scar_Gonz%C3%A1lez_(racing_driver)”
– In table “qualifying” some entries have q1, q2 or q3 as an empty string (“”), but they should be NULL like the vast majority of the others.
– In table “results”, the “time” for resultId 20992 is incorrect, it should be “1:37:30.334”
– In table “results”, the “time” for resultId 21088 is incorrect, it should be “1:59:06.757”
– In table “results”, the “milliseconds” for resultId 19302 is missing. It should be “10644000”
– The table constructorResults contains entries for races 784 and 790 (1956 Argentinian and German GPs), but these should be removed from this table as the Constructor Championship only started in 1958.
– The URLs in tables “circuits”, “constructors”, “drivers”, “races” and “seasons” should be updated from “http://…” to “https://…”
I hope this helps!