Feedback

If you have any comments, suggestions or feature requests please add them here. Problems and errata can be reported on Bug Reports page.

359 Responses to “Feedback”

1. Admin says:

Hi Christian,
    You’re right, podiums are a bit of a weak spot in the API – and it may take some thought to find a good solution. I try to avoid any modifications to the API whilst a season is running, so this will have to go on the ToDo list until next winter.
    Cheers,
    Chris

2. Christian says:

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply!

One more question. I’m looking at options for what I want to develop. The original approach I was thinking about was implementing server-side caching and some extra logic I need over your API results.

However, I saw you have the API runtime available at https://github.com/jcnewell/ergast-f1-api. That would give me an interesting option to fork your code, add the logic I need (would contribute it back, of course), host it myself and not worry about rate limits.

I haven’t found the latest additions in that repo, such as the sprint result endpoints. Is there a newer version available? Thanks!

3. Admin says:

Hi Christian,
    Good point – I’ll commit the recent changes.
    Chris

4. Ryan Northcott says:

Hello,

Not sure where this goes but on the formula1 api, the quali table for May 29 2022 Monaco appears to have Alonso’s driver set for P7 and P16. P16 should be Alex Albon

5. Admin says:

Hi Ryan,
    Oops, that’s embarrassing. Now corrected.
    Problems like this usually go on the Bug Reports page.
    Cheers,
    Chris

6. Wesley says:

Hi Chris!

First up thanks a lot for the API! The amount of information available is amazing.

I would like to add pitstop and tyre information to my website. I am currently thinking of a grid with all the drivers (I think Formula 1 does something similar). I did see the pitstop information being available, but I couldn’t find tyre information. Is that information available and if not is it possible?

7. Admin says:

Hi Wesley,
    Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find a reliable source of tyre data over the years.
    Chris

8. Douglas says:

Hello!

I’m having a play with building a small project using this (brilliant) api and F1 resource – so much detail!

Something I’ve came across and wanted to check in case I was just missing something. For Pit Stops, is there any information on the Constructor within the response?

Playing with it I can get the driver but as the end goal is to display the fastest race pit stop. Would be nice to have the constructor too. I could manually work my way round this, but again, just wanted to check I wasn’t maybe missing something.

Thanks,
    Douglas

9. Admin says:

Hi Douglas,
    Unfortunately, you’ll have to cross-reference the driverIds with entries in the equivalent race results query.
    Cheers,