Feedback

If you have any comments, suggestions or feature requests please add them here. Problems and errata can be reported on Bug Reports page.

312 Responses to “Feedback”

1. Admin says:

Hi Daniel,
    Unfortunately not, apart from disqualification being shown in the status and time penalties being added to the final times.
    Cheers,
    Chris

2. Ayoub Nay says:

Hi first of all i want to say thank you for this amazing API.

i just want to ask for the possibilty to add more info about drivers(height,age,carrer points,championships won) and Teams(points,WCC,current drivers).

Thank you.

3. Admin says:

Hi Ayoub,
    I try to keep the API lightweight, so it’s easier to maintain and the API responses are compact. I think the points totals you suggest could be determined by one API query and a summation at the client.
    Cheers,
    Chris

4. Marco says:

Dear Sir or Madam,

first of all amazing API.

i found a little error. In the JSON for DriverStandings the code like “HAM” or “VER” arent there for some reason on the years 1950-2015. But only some are missing like for example in the year 2001 Hakkinen has no code like “HAK” or so.

Yours faithfully,
    Marco

5. Admin says:

Hi Marco,
    The driver codes were added a few seasons ago, following a request. I don’t think they have existed for all of Formula One’s history. If someone can provide codes for earlier drivers I would be happy to add them to the database.
    Cheers
    Chris

6. Adam says:

Good afternoon,
    I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a fantastic resource. I built my entire final project (simple F1 Android app in an intro to app development course) using it, in conjunction with the actual F1 website.
    Thanks again,
    Adam

7. Admin says:

Hi Adam,
    Many thanks for the positive comments. That’s great to hear.
    Cheers,
    Chris

8. Peter says:

Hey, first of all thank you for your API it’s very great! I had a question. Is there a possibility to add more schedule information about training and qualifying.

Peter

9. Admin says:

Hi Peter,
    Ideally I would, but it’s hard to find this information at the start of the season. It’s even hard to find the date/times for the race schedule and keep these up to date with the changes which follow.
    Chris

10. Christian Rokitta says:

Hi, Any chance the tire set info (with either lap-times or pit-stop data) could be provided too?
    Cheers, Christian

11. Admin says:

Hi Christian,
    I’ve never been able to find a reliable source of tyre data from year to year.
    Chris

12. Suvashan says:

Hello Admin

I have been a long-time user of this API, and I have decided to write a simple python script to obtain tyre changes that are made during the race and I have inserted them into MySQL. This data comes straight from the press.pirelli website (if you are not familiar, for example, the tyres used for the 2021 bahrain gp can be found at https://press.pirelli.com/2021-bahrain-grand-prix–sunday/). Unfortunately, this data is only available from 2019 til now. Please let me know if you would like to take a look at this and potentially add this data to the API.

Regards